More scans...

Still no job, so I still have spare time to do some scanning. The good news is that I have a phone interview tomorrow and one the next day. I'ts been fun scanning lately because of a new software I am using with my Nikon 9000.

When I arrived here on the East Coast, I pulled my scanner out of the box for the first time in a year. I had the pleasure of working on an Imacon Flextight 848 during that time and didn't need mine. Well... since the last time I had used my scanner, I updated to a new Imac with a new Mac OS. Nikon conveniently quit updating their Nikon Scan software for the new Mac OS and I read in an online forum that people weren't even taking the risk of loading the old onto any system running OSX 10.6. I decided to avoid it as well.

Nikon Scan always left me frustrated and was probably the most un-user friendly software I had ever used. But, I will give Nikon credit for putting a link to a third party software provider called, VueScan, as an alternative to their inability to stay in the game. A little tricky at first, VueScan, has proven to be much easier to use than Nikon Scan and I can achieve the color I am after much faster. Any color negs I had that were more than a stop over-exposed were nearly impossible to scan before, but now I can almost get what I am after in the click of a button.

Here's a few I dug out to play wtih...


No comments: