Monterey or Bust...


Tomorrow I'm heading on over to Laguna Seca Raceway and help my good friend/client/photographer, Jesse Alexander, at the races. I'm hoping to cut out early so as to take my time getting there and turn it into a little road trip.

Every year he sets up a tent on the inside of the track to sell his phenomenal racing images that he's made over the past 50 years. I'll be more of a laborer/gopher on this trip, but it will be well worth it to see him truly in his element.

This will be Jesse's last year at the event and he will be honored by Mercedes during a special dinner celebration at Pebble Beach. I'm hoping that once all of my grunt work is done, I'll be have time to wander the pits with a couple of film cameras. Jesse tells me that there's a good chance I will even have the opportunity to rub shoulders with the great, Sir Stirling Moss, whom he's been friends with for many years.

I'll post a full report when I return...

No comments: