Like riding a bike...

It's been a loooong time since I've ventured into the darkroom to print color. Today I got a brake from all of the 1's and 0's and took a step back in time to make some 20X24 Type C prints for Susan Jorgensen. I am lucky enough to know the guy, Scott McClaine, who owns the nicest (and probably the last) color darkroom in town. If you are real nice to him, he'll rent it out to you by the hour. I was wondering if I'd remember what the hell I was doing, but once I got in there and got the smell of chemistry in my nose... it all came head-rushing back. I was also reminded of where Photoshop's roots come from and the similarities between traditional and digital imaging...
You need something to see the image...

You use tools to do color balance...

No good image is made without using the dodge tool a bit, but you can't turn this one into a burn tool or sponge!...

And of course there's the printer, this one's a bit bulkier than your Epson though.

No comments: